The holidays are almost here, and in the spirit of the giving season, charities are hoping to bounce back from tough times.
According to the Chronicle of Philanthropy, among the nation’s 400 largest nonprofit organizations, 68% say they expect donations to increase this year.
Giving back this season is as easy as saving on your dental care with our dental insurance alternatives. Check out these 5 charities supporting oral health:
- Oral Health America: This non-profit focuses on public advocacy and raising awareness to eliminate oral disease and promote oral health through education and service programs. For donations made to OHA through December 31st, leading international dental company, Ivoclar Vivadent, will match 50 cents per dollar up to $50,000.
- Operation Smile: DentalPlans.com is proud to support this international children’s charity to provide free reconstructive surgeries for children born with cleft deformities. From November 14th – 21st, we will be matching donations made by our Facebook fans and Twitter followers until we reach our goal of saving 7 children’s smiles. These surgeries save a child from a lifetime of difficulties with eating, speaking and socializing. No donation is too small. We’ll also be giving random lucky donors Crest Whitening Strips daily for participating! Click here to donate.
- National Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped: The NFDH has provided $181 million in dental care nationwide to help change the lives of more than 100,000 disabled, elderly or medically at-risk patients.
- Give Back a Smile: As part of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry’s Charitable Foundation, this program provides free dental care for survivors of domestic abuse who have broken or damaged teeth. And, every $1 donated is leveraged 16 times in donated dental services.
- Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children: This charitable organization aims to advance the oral health of all children through adolescence, specifically those from low-income families and those with special health care needs through education, research and service.
What will you do to give back this year? Share your favorite charities with us in the comments section below.