Valentines Day is right around the corner. As a holiday catering to the dessert lover in all of us, weve decided on a classic recipe with a romantic twist! Cooking on the Side has created an original recipe inspired by Dean & DeLucas Valentines Day catalogue for Valentines Dipped Rice Krispies Treats.
- 3 tablespoons butter (margarine may be substituted)
- 1 package (10 oz) regular marshmallows or 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- Candy melts or white chocolate chips
- Red food dye (optional)
- Heart-shaped and/or red and white sprinkles
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the crisped rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Spread the mixture using a buttered spatula or waxed paper evenly into an 11×17 inch rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut the treats into heart shapes with a 2-3 inch cookie cutter when cool.
- Melt the candy melts or white chocolate chips according to package directions. Stir in a few drops of food dye, if desired. Dip the edges of the treats into the candy and decorate with sprinkles. Allow candy to cool and set before serving.
- Best if served same day.
This recipe makes around 20 to 24 – a perfect amount for office treats or class valentines.
What is your favorite Valentines Day recipe? Let us know in the comments below!