Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas | Did you know that December 4th is National Cookie Day? Hooray! To celebrate, try these elegant Almond Snow Ball cookies which are not only delicious, but also easy to make! Just follow this recipe from Southern Living and you will be tasting these cookies in just an hour and a half! And dont forget your dental care after indulging. Brush for at least 2 minutes after eating one of these treats!
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Parchment paper
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool completely (about 20 minutes). Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- Process almonds in a food processor 30 seconds or until finely ground.
- Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add vanilla and 1 cup powdered sugar, beating well. (Dough will be crumbly.)
- Combine flour, salt, and almonds; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and cool 10 minutes. Roll cookies in 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
Celebrate National Cookie Day with our special coupon code for 15% off any one of our 30+ family or individual Discount Dental Plans.
Why DentalPlans.com is a Sweet Deal
- Avoid paying full price at the dentist
- Get 10% to 60% off most dental work
- Save on cleanings, root canals, braces & more
- 100,000+ participating dentists nationwide
- No paperwork hassles or deductibles
15% Off + 3 Months FREE With any Discount Dental Plan Purchase with COUPON CODE COOKIE