Fourth of July is less than a week away, and we’re all thinking of red, white, and blue ways to celebrate. We picked up a healthy and easy-to-prepare treat over atSkinny Taste that is both festive and delicious! Try these Red, White & Blue Fruit Skewers with Cheesecake Yogurt Dip.
Ingredients for Skewers
- 14 oz angel food cake, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 72-84 medium strawberries (about 3.5 lbs), stems removed
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 24 to 28 skewers
Ingredients for Dip
- 4 oz ‘1/3 less fat’ cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- For dip, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well until sugar dissolves.
- Alternate 3 strawberries and 2 pieces of cake on each skewer. Finish each skewer with 3 blueberries.
- Refrigerate skewers and dip until ready eating.
Don’t forget to brush and floss as you would after enjoying!
Do you have any Sweet Tooth recipes you’d like to share? E-mail them to us and you could see yours here!