In honor of Halloween, we wanted to showcase these spooky spiderweb cupcakes from I Shot the Chef! Not only do they look festive, but they are super easy to decorate. The secret is to frost and decorate one at a time. And dont forget yourdental care after indulging. Brush for at least 2 minutes after eating one of these treats!
Spiderweb Cupcake Recipe
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 12 muffin tins with paper muffin cups.
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Add egg and continue beating until incorporated and creamy. Add sour cream, milk and vanilla, and continue mixing until well combined. Add dry ingredients, reduce speed to low and beat until well mixed. Fill each paper-lined muffin cup with about 2 tablespoons of batter. If you have an ice cream scooper, this is the perfect time to use it.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 to 2 tbsp milk
1. Combine powdered sugar, vanilla and butter in a small bowl. Beat at low speed,
scraping bowl often and gradually adding enough milk for desired spreading
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vegetable oil
1. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and if necessary, microwave another 10 seconds until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Stir in the vegetable oil.
2. Place melted chocolate in small piping bag or small heavy-duty resealable plastic food bag; snip tip from one corner to make a very small hole.
Frost 1 cupcake at a time, using about 1 tablespoon of frosting for each cupcake. Immediately pipe a spiral design, from the center to the outside with melted chocolate onto each frosted cupcake. Starting at center, draw toothpick 6 to 7 times through chocolate to outside edge of frosting to make spider web design. Repeat with remaining cupcakes and frosting.
Makes 12 cupcakes. Enjoy!
What is your favorite Halloween dessert?