With St. Patrick’s Day coming up in just a few weeks, it’s not too early to start pulling out the shamrock-inspired recipes. We have an easy recipe for Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies from Betty Crocker that don’t require any luck to pull together. As always, remember to brush and floss thoroughly after indulging in any sweets!
- 1 pouch (1lb, 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food dye
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool for 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack. Serve warm or let cool completely. Store tightly at room temperature.
What St. Patrick’s Day themed desserts do you have? Tell us in your comments below!