Would you share your toothbrush with another person? Apparently 15% of Chicago dental patients who responded to a survey said they would.
The Chicago Dental Society surveyed nearly 400 Chicago area residents to find out about their dental habits and care. Additional findings include:
- More than 50% have delayed dental treatments because of financial reasons in the past year.
- Nearly 35% did not have dental insurance in Chicago.
- 33% found their Chicago dentist through word-of-mouth referral.
- More than 50% have tried some kind of teeth-whitening treatment.
- 44% say straight teeth are the most important part of a perfect smile.
Have you ever tried teeth-whitening treatment? Have your visits to the dentist been delayed due to financial concerns? Share your thoughts on the survey or stories on what you’ve done to maintain your dental care when funds are tight.
And, if you’re looking for ways to save at the dentist and keep up with appointments, with or without dental insurance, watch how you can take a bite out of dental costs with discount dental plans.