You dont need a Hollywood budget to make YouTube a valuable asset in yourdental marketing arsenal.
Creating short-and-sweet videos that highlight your dental office is a great way to build your brand. Not to mention that YouTube itself is the second largest search engine, making it a must-have social media outlet for dentists. You can also embed videos within blog posts, extending their value as content.
To help you get started, here are six killer tips for building a branded dentist YouTube channel:
- Content is King. You can post educational videos about dental procedures, patient testimonials and short clips that highlight the personality of your dental office staff. Remember, people want quality content and theyll be more likely to watch your videos if you provide them with useful information. Check out other popular dental videos for inspiration.
- A Two-Way Street. Like other social media sites, YouTube is about building relationships. Engage with your followers and find other dental-related videos to respond to. Youll not only demonstrate your industry knowledge and community involvement, youll also drive more traffic to your own Youtube channel.
- Consistency is Key. Spend some time customizing your channel to look like a welcoming and professional reflection of you. Commit yourself to uploading a new video once a week or once a month (whatever youre capable of) and stick to it. People are more likely to subscribe if you add content on a regular basis.
- Set Up Playlists. YouTube has a playlist feature that allows you to set up an automatic video sequence that will direct users from one video to the next. You can add other popular industry-related videos to help round out your content and introduce your videos to a broader audience.
- Virtual Cross-Pollination. Drive people to your website, Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites by posting links within the video description. You can also create superimposed pop-up links that appear during the video or occasionally end your recordings by asking your viewers to visit you elsewhere online.
- Keywords and SEO. YouTube results rank high in Google searches, which means you have a major SEO opportunity each time you upload something new. Add dental keywords to your video descriptions and tags, and make sure you include location keywords, such as the city your dental office is located in.
What kind of YouTube videos does your dental office post? Share with us in the comments below.