Did you know that bottled water can cause tooth decay? Or, that losing weight improves your dental health?
Dental-related stories, tips, and ways to spend less at the dentist with or without dental insurance have been all over the news recently.
In case you missed them, check out these 10 stories from around the web and our DentalPlans.com blog with the latest news in dental care:
- 5 Ways Xylitol Reduces Your Dental Bills: Read why this naturally occurring sugar substitute can help to protect your teeth and save you money at the dentist.
- Preventing and Treating Dental Disease in Children: The New York Times notes the dangers of neglecting your children’s dental care when they’re young.
- Why Do You Dream About Your Teeth Falling Out?: You’ll be surprised to learn these six explanations for dreams about losing your teeth from dream experts on the web.
- Bottled Water May Boost Kids’ Tooth Decay: Find out why skipping out on tap water in favor of bottled water may be contributing to rising rates of tooth decay in young children.
- Dental Emergency: No Insurance and Toothaches Fill the ER: If you’re delaying dental care due to cost, check out this post on our blog to see just how painful, and costly this decision could be.
- Don’t Ignore Dental Health During Pregnancy: Most women don’t realize just how much pregnancy affects dental health. This read explains why taking care of your teeth is so important while you’re pregnant.
- Is Your Pet in Need of a Dental Checkup?: It’s estimated that by the age of two, 80% of dogs and 70% of cats have some form of periodontal disease. Find out what you should do to protect your pet’s teeth.
- Does America Have a Dental Health Crisis?: A recent report found a devastating gap between dental coverage of wealthy and lower-wage families, and the effects this gap has had on dental health in the U.S.
- By Losing Weight, You Get Healthier Gums: This article from WorlDental suggests that losing weight helps to prevent and lessen the effects of periodontal disease.
- 7 Toothbrush Tips to Prevent Preschooler Cavities: We’ve got seven toothpastes from around the web and our DentalPlans.com moms to make dental care fun for your children and protect their teeth.
What have you learned about your dental health in the media recently? Share with us in the comments below.