The number one New Years Resolution Americans have every year is to lose weight. So this month, we were inspired to bring you a tasty sweet tooth recipe that was also healthy! Yes, it is possible to be tasty and health and these Vanilla-Lemon Berry Parfaits recipe from Health.com prove it!
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 (3.5-ounce) containers fat-free vanilla pudding
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon curd
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups mixed berries (pick your favorites!)
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, pudding, lemon curd, and vanilla extract; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir the honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Add the mixed berries, and gently stir with a rubber spatula to coat them with the honey mixture.
3. Assemble the parfaits in four 8-ounce glasses. Using measuring spoons, scoop 3 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture into each glass. Top with 1/4 cup of the berries, then another 3 tablespoons yogurt, and another 1/4 cup berries. Garnish each yogurt parfait with fresh mint, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
These parfaits are only 176 calories per serving so indulge away.
Whats your New Years Resolution? Let us know in the comments below!