This Coconut Chocolate Pie is not only beautiful and delicious, but it only has 4 ingredients! The recipe is actually a Martha Stewart one that we found on Style at Home.
If you are looking for a gluten-free or an easy dessert to make, this one is for you! As always, remember to brush and floss thoroughly after indulging in any sweets.
For the crust:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 11 ounces (about 6 cups) sweetened shredded coconut
For the filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (preferably 61 percent cacao), finely chopped
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a food processor, process butter and one-third of coconut until mixture forms a ball, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Sprinkle remaining two-thirds coconut over mixture and combine with your fingers.
- Place a 9-inch pie plate on a parchment-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Press coconut mixture into bottom and up sides of pan to form crust, leaving top edges loose and fluffy. Place a foil ring over edge to prevent burning. Bake until center begins to brown, 10 to 15 minutes; remove foil and bake until edges are browned, 4 to 5 minutes more. Transfer crust to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the filling: Bring cream just to a boil in a small saucepan; pour over chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Let sit 10 minutes, then stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is combined. Pour into coconut crust. Refrigerate until filling is set, 1 hour or up to 1 day.
Makes one 9-inch pie.
Whats your favorite pie recipe? Let us know in the comment below!