This month try making this Blondie recipe from our friends at I Shot the Chef. The cashews make them extra special. Try it for your loved ones this weekend!
Cashew Blondies Recipe
(Adapted from The Essential Baker, Carole Bloom)
4 oz butter, softened
1 c firmly packed light brown sugar
2 extra large egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 c all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 c unsalted cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
3 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Line an 8X8 square pan with aluminum foil, letting it hang about 2 inches over the sides. Butter the foil generously.
- Place butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Use the flat beater to beat the butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and cream well, another 2 minutes.
- With a fork, beat the eggs in a small bowl and mix in the extracts. Add to the butter mixture and blend well.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. In three stages, add to the butter mixture, blending well after each addition. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the nuts and white chocolate and stir with a rubber spatula to distribute evenly.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and use the rubber spatula to spread it evenly into the corners. Bake the blondies for 28 to 30 minute until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out with no crumbs clinging to it. Remove the pan from the oven and cool completely on a rack.
- Lift the blondies from the pan with the aluminum foil. Carefully peel the foil away. Cut into squares.
Makes 9-16 blondies, depending on the size you cut them.
Tell us how your blondies came out in the comments below and if you have a sweet tooth recipe you would like to share please send to [email protected]. As always, remember your oral health after eating any sweets. Brush and floss after eating.