Novembers Dental Office Manager of the Month is Kathy Szymoniak from Lakeland Creek Family Dental in Merrillville, IN.
Kathy has more than a decade of experience in the dental field. Here are her thoughts on being a dental office manager and tips for marketing Dental Savings Plans to patients.
Why do you enjoy being a dental office manager?
I enjoy being a dental office manager because I love working with people. I thoroughly enjoy training and motivating my team to be the best they can be. We can agree to disagree on anything as long as it benefits our practice and not one person. This philosophy leads to One Big Happy Family.
What is it about the job that is most valuable and rewarding for you?
Assisting patients who come to the practice in pain and leaving with relief. Patients who havent smiled in years because of poor dental health and are unable to stop smiling when they have completed treatment. Its the most rewarding to talk to patients who are so thankful to be able to afford treatment they never thought they would because of DentalPlans.com.
How has the DentalPlans.com Provider Marketing Program improved your patient base and revenue?
DentalPlans.com has helped our patients with no insurance, maxed out insurance benefits, and patients who have long waiting periods on their insurance plan.
Never assume that because your patient has dental insurance that they do not have a need for a Dental Savings Plan. We offer DentalPlans.com to all of our patients, not just a select few and not just patients who ask us about it.
To make this plan successful in your practice you must not only put the brochures out in your office, but educate your patients that this is the best option for them by showing them comparative treatment plans. Also, train your team so they are confident in presenting a plan that will significantly change the way your patients think about dental care.
Additional ways DentalPlans.coms Provider Marketing Program can help your dental office include:
- Fill your schedule, guaranteed.
- Improve your revenue, because payment is fee-for-service.
- No insurance involved, so your business assistants will be able to work more efficiently. You will be amazed at the positive reaction and appreciation from your patients who now trust you.
- Patient referrals, guaranteed.
- Improve broken appointments. Patients who purchase Dental Savings Plans are much more reliable, because they are paying for the plan and they want to get their moneys worth.
- FREE flyers, brochures, web banners for your website, as well as personalized appointment cards and recall cards.
- Immediate coverage. We have patients who are in the chair and will purchase the plan and have their treatment completed the same day.
- You are on a database at DentalPlans.com that is viewed by thousands of patients.
What are your hobbies and interests?
My husband and I are very involved in the Humane Society of the Calumet Region and with events promoted by our community. We especially enjoy our own rescue dogs Fiona and Lola. I am a proud mother of two sons, one who lives in Portland, OR, with his new bride and my youngest son who is working with my husband.
Visit our Dental Office Manager Connection Corner and become a part of a community that connects dental office managers to gather dental marketing knowledge, share industry best practices, and offer communication and team building tips.