While you and your family enjoy the beginning of fall and celebrate the end of the month with costumes and candy, don’t forget to think pink.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and I’m happy to announce that, in addition to providing you with the best in dental care savings as an affordable alternative to dental insurance, DentalPlans.com is proud to be supporting The Breast Cancer Research Foundation© to help find a cure for breast cancer.
To honor this cause, we will be donating $1 from each discount dental planpurchased in October.* Here are 7 reasons to join us in our efforts this month, courtesy of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation© and the American Cancer Society:
- Breast cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death in women (after lung cancer).
- About 1.3 million women are diagnosed with breast cancer worldwide every year, and about 465,000 of those diagnosed will die from the disease.
- In the U.S, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer, on average, every 2.5 minutes.
- Every woman has a 12% chance of developing invasive breast cancer at some point in her life.
- Today, 97% of women diagnosed with localized breast cancer at an early stage survive more than 5 years.
- Due to early detection and advances in treatment, rates of breast cancer have decreased by 2% in the last decade.
- Research has found a link between oral health and breast cancer. By joining a dental savings plan this October to maintain your oral health and save you money, you will also be helping to support the fight against breast cancer.
What will you do to support Breast Cancer Awareness month? Share your comments below.
*We will donate $1 per plan purchase for up to 1,500 sales, for a maximum donation of $1,500.