Sweet Tooth Recipe
When we saw the recipe for this Coconut Poke Cake, we couldn’t believe how easy it was! You might be wondering what makes it a “poke” cake, and the answer is simple. While the cake is hot out of the oven, you will poke the top of the cake to allow the delicious coconut and sweet condensed milk to soak into the cake. Handle with care the next day as the cake will be very moist. As with all sweets, remember to brush and floss thoroughly after indulging!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package of your favorite white cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package of frozen whipped topping, thawed (or the frosting of your choice)
- 1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
- Bake the white cake according to the package directions.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and while still hot, use a fork to poke holes all around the top of the cake.
- Mix the coconut milk and sweetened condensed milk together and pour over the top of the still hot cake.
- Leave the cake in the fridge overnight.
- Frost cake with whipped topping and top with the flaked coconut.
- Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Are you a fan of coconut desserts? Let us know in the comments below!