You know you should be using toothpaste at least twice a day to keep your teeth healthy and white, but did you know that there are other uses for toothpaste? From removing scuff marks from your favorite pair of shoes, to filling small holes in the wall, there are a surprising number of ways that you can use toothpaste around the house.
Everyday-wisdom.com offers some creative uses for toothpaste:
- Clean piano keys: Put a little toothpaste on a soft toothbrush and lightly scrub piano keys. Wipe them down with a damp cloth to finish.
- Keep your diamonds sparkling: Rubbing a bit of toothpaste on your diamond ring or earrings will help them regain their shine.
- Fix a smelly baby bottle: If your baby’s bottle is beginning to smell like sour milk, simply scrub the inside with toothpaste using a small brush. Be sure to rinse the bottle thoroughly before giving it to your baby.
- Remove scratches on CDs: Rub a small amount of toothpaste on a scratched CD or DVD to help remove those annoying marks. This works best on shallow scratches.
- Stop the mirror from fogging up: Before taking a shower, rub a little non-gel toothpaste onto the mirror and then wipe it off. When you get out, the mirror will be as clear as it was before you showered.
- Relieve bug bites: DivineCaroline.com recommends applying a drop of toothpaste to a bug bite or insect sting to stop the itching and decrease any swelling.
- Clean your fingernails: Scrub toothpaste underneath and on top of your nails to help them grow stronger and healthier.
- Keep your car smelling sweet: Take a small amount of toothpaste and put it on the center of a paper towel. Fold the towel and place it under your seat. When the car is left in the sunshine, it will heat up and the toothpaste will release a nice, soft minty smell.
- Hold hair in place: If you’re trying out a wild hairstyle, then you can use toothpaste for an extreme hold. This works because gel toothpastes contain the same water-soluble polymers that many hair gels are made out of.
Finally, while all of these are interesting ideas, the best thing to use toothpaste for is to clean your teeth. The American Dental Association recommends brushing your teeth at least twice a day.
Are there any creative uses for toothpaste that we’ve missed? Let us know in the comments below!