The holiday shopping season is upon us, and we know how quickly expenses can add up this month.
According to the National Retail Federation,consumers are expected to spend an average of $704 on gifts for the holidays this year.
So, in addition to finding you the best alternatives to dental insurance, we’ve got 6 creative and affordable dental hygiene gift ideas from the web and our DentalPlans.com moms that will have your kids smiling, and keep their teeth healthy:
- Electric Toothbrush: Four out of five of our Toothbrush Task Force moms would go with an electric toothbrush, like Risa, a mom of two, who said her girls would enjoy the vibration on their teeth and would make tooth brushing fun. Kid-friendly toothbrushes, like this Dora the Explorer Battery-Powered Toothbrush from Colgate, can make brushing exciting, fun and easy for you and your children. (Price: $8 – $14)
- Water Flosser for Kids: The Waterpik Water Flosser for Kids is an easier, more effective, and more fun alternative to string floss. This water flosser also comes with 20 removable stickers for your kids to personalize their Waterpik. (Price: $49.99)
- Timer Light Toothbrush: Teach your kids to brush for the dentist recommended 2 minutes with a fun, flashing lights toothbrush, like the GUM® Crayola Timer Light. (Price: $3.49)
- VIOlight Toothbrush Sanitizer: DentalPlans.com broker-affiliate group manager, Nicole, recommends a VIOlight, which keeps toothbrushes clean and germ-free by removing 99.9% of bacteria from toothbrushes. This UV toothbrush sanitizer now comes in bright colors and fun characters, like the “Zapi” for the perfect gift of oral health. (Price: $34.95)
- Cavity-Fighting Lollipops: These candies satisfy your kids’ sweet tooth, while protecting their teeth from tooth decay. Xyli-Tots Lollies make cavity prevention fun with sugar-free lollipop flavors your kids will love, like orange, grape, tropical fruit and raspberry. (Price: $12.50 per dozen)
- Tooth Envelope for the Tooth Fairy: We’ve added an Origami Tooth Fairy Envelope to our dental activities for kids. Now, you can give your kids a tooth envelope to hold their lost teeth for the tooth fairy. Just visit our Kids Activities Page for this easy-to-make origami and other free games. (Price: FREE)
And, for a chance to win dental hygiene products this month, join DentalPlans.com on Facebook for our “12 Days of Dental Giveaways.” From December 8-19, Facebook fans can sign up for a chance to win great dental prizes, like a Sonicare Xtreme electric toothbrush, a Justin Bieber singing toothbrush, and more. *
What dental gift will you give your kids for the holidays? Share with us in the comments below.
* Sweepstakes not available for California residents.